I truly miss my mom’s cooking! She could really cook when she wanted too Her favorite thing was Kraft Dressing and cooking anything and everything it in. So many nights she would just whip up an easy pasta salad, or simple salad recipes, but her favorite was white rice and Italian Dressing Chicken. They were easy to find at our local Walmart.
One thing I noticed is that the new Kraft Pourables have been reinvented with a new, better taste! Right on the top it says the Ranch is now creamier, as they’ve added more buttermilk and savory herbs! Even the Kraft Zesty Italian got a little zestier with more herbs and spices.
I love vinaigrette dessing on my salad, but when it comes to cooking I do love the Italian Dressing! It’s perfect for summer salad recipes too! Instead of sharing another delicious salad dressing recipe I figured I’d show another great way to use salad dressing NOT for salad
I love quinoa and think it’s pretty bland. I like to actually cook my quinoa with flavor. I bought both Kraft Pourables in Ranch and Zesty Italian. I like ranch for dipping veggies or roasting them in it too! I figured I’d stick with my mommy memories and used the Zesty Italian! I added 2 tablespoons of Kraft Italian Dressing to the qunioa cooking water! WOW, yum!
Protein packed Quinoa & Chicken Italian Tomato Cups #FoodDeservesDelicious
- 1/2 Onion
- 6 Tomatoes (made into cups)
- 1 Large Portobello Mushroom
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cooked)
- 2 Cups Quinoa (Cooked with 2 tablespoons of Zesty Italian Dressing in water)
- Chop up your onions and mushroom, and toss into a skillet with olive oil. Add in the inside of the tomatoes that you used for cups. Once the vegetables are cooked down add in the chicken breasts (cut into chunks!) and cook until heated through. Once chicken is warm toss in the quinoa and serve in tomato cups. Drizzle with a little Zesty Italian.
So I figured I’d saute up some veggies and chicken and serve it in a cute way to my family. We love eating fresh and healthy, but we never lack on flavor that’s for sure! Hubby was pretty excited to eat his dinner out of an edible cup. Using food like this makes me so happy I used the tomato I scooped out to make the cups in the saute and it was so delicious! I just know you’re going to love this recipe! It’s a fun way to use dressing instead of pouring it on some lettuce!
The post Protein packed Quinoa & Chicken Italian Tomato Cups #FoodDeservesDelicious appeared first on Courtney's Sweets.