Looking for healthy snacking recipes so you don’t just mindlessly snack? These healthy snack recipes are loaded with nutrients and are good for you!
Healthy Snacking Recipes are essential for the summer. Most of our kids are home from school and I know first hand having my daughter around means I’ll likely snack on whatever she’s having, there’s no reason we need to eat chicken fingers and french fries all summer long, here’s a list of healthy snacking recipes that adults and even kids will enjoy!
If you’re looking for healthy snacks for kids we made a complete roundup for that too!
One of our all-time favorite healthy snack recipes is our frozen yogurt fruit bark! It’s such an easy recipe that you can make so many ways, we love it with a variety or fruit or favorite recipe like our banana split frozen yogurt bark.
Tips for healthy snacking
- Buy and then prep right away. You’re more likely to enjoy your fresh produce and purchases if you prep them so they’re easily accesible. No one wants to chop up a watermelon or slice cucumbers when you’re in a rush. Chop it all right after purchasing this way you can have healthy fruit and veggie snacks ready.
- Whenever we grab a snack we want something that’s loaded with fiber and protein and of course nutritious. It may be easy to snack on prepackaged goods, but sometimes they aren’t the best for us and it can be quite hard to understand all of the ingredients, am I right? Psst, protein doesn’t just mean chicken, steak, etc. Protein is lots of nuts, seeds, and even veggies!
- Always remember to make sure your healthy snack is actually healthy. Just because something is “gluten-free, vegan, organic, non-GMO, vegetarian, grain free, etc. doesn’t mean you can eat it until you’re full. Make your snack choices wisely especially if you’re trying to stay on track with your healthy lifestyle goals.
- Chew, chew, chew! We are all in a rush and sometimes we rush chewing too. Make sure you’re thoroughly chewing your food. You’ll feel fuller, plus it’s easier for your stomach to digest.
- When snacking we suggest you do it when you’re consciously aware of what you’re doing, meaning, that you’re not sitting on the couch watching TV and then reach into the filled popcorn bowl and realize it’s empty now, I’m so guilty of this!
- Don’t deprive yourself. It’s okay to indulge once in awhile, it doesn’t have to be something extremely unhealthy, but something as simple as chocolate covered apples make for a healthy dessert and can curb that sweets craving easily.
- Bring snacks that are portable. Oops, on the go and looking for a snack? It’s best to make sure you have snacks with you so you don’t slip up and buy the potato chips, ugh BBQ!
healthy snacking recipes
Turkey Meatballs | Courtney’s Sweets – Once every two weeks I make a large batch of our baked turkey meatballs. I make one batch of Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs and one batch of Italian Turkey Meatballs. Great snack with some fresh hummus and cucumbers
Caramel Apple Dip | Know Your Produce – Healthy ingredients and great with apples or even pears
Breakfast Egg Cups | Courtney’s Sweets – Our baked egg muffins are freezer friendly making them easy to enjoy whenever you want one
Steamed Hard Boiled Eggs | Courtney’s Sweets Hard boiled – eggs make for a great protein filled snack – try our homemade food coloring for an extra special treat for kids, they’ll love the fun colored hard boiled eggs, adults too
Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes | Know Your Produce – Great for meal planning or just snacking on, so tasty and easy to make
Fruit Leather | Courtney’s Sweets – You won’t believe how easy it is to make this fruit leather recipe at home
Easy Peanut Butter Balls | Courtney’s Sweets – This healthy peanut butter balls recipe makes for a quick and healthy snack or everyone to enjoy
Cinnamon Popcorn with Apple Pecans | Eating Richly – If you love popcorn as a snack this recipe is a must try with added flavor from cinnamon, apples, and even more crunch with pecans
Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt Bites | Finding Zest – These chocolate chip frozen yogurt bites make for a refreshing and delicious snack
Healthy Baked Zucchini Chips Recipe | WholeSomeYum – Zucchini is such a versatile veggie, slice them super thin and bake to make some amazing zucchini chips
Minty & Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas | The Belly Rules the Mind – Roasted chickpeas are crunchy and definitely fit the healthy snacking category
Apple Cookies | We’re Parents – Apple Cookies are an easy snack with endless options for toppings
Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Chips | A Spicy Perspective – Sweet Potato Chips are great to take on the go or enjoy at home
How to Make Kale Chips | Cook Eat Paleo – Kale is nutritious and delicious and you can go wild with seasonings or just use salt
Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge | Turning the Clock Back – Craving a healthy snack that’s sweet? Try peanut butter fudge
Copy Cat Trader Joe’s Gone Bananas | View from the Great Island – Enjoy these chocolate covered bananas straight from the freezer