Have you ever tried empanadas? I LOVE them, but making them.. not so much. I love all the delicious fillings in an empanada too but always wish it was a little heartier. I’m very picky about olives too. I actually didn’t like olives until recently so the fact that I love black olives now is kind of insane.
I decided to make my own twist on the original empanadas recipe and make an empanada bowl recipe of my own! I love to make my own spice mixes and of course I’m cursed with my grandma’s taste it until you get the seasoning perfect recipe writing skills So instead of making this a bazillion times I went to the store and bought and organic package of taco seasoning mix. Tastes just as good as my taste until it’s good seasoning!
Empanada Bowl Recipe
- 1 lb ground pork (beef, or chicken)
- 3 small yukon potatoes (diced & boiled)
- 1 cup water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 can olives (drained and sliced)
- 4 hardboiled eggs (chopped)
- In a large pan brown the meat on medium low heat.
- Once the meat is cooked thoroughly (about 15-20 minutes) add in water to cover the meat.
- Add in potatoes with seasoining mix into the meat.
- Allow the seasoning to cook in for 10-15 minutes, covered.
- Then add in the olives, eggs, and stir to combine.
- Enjoy with sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.